Data Center relocation cost is a challenge that faces an increasing number of organizations that are forced to relocate the data center due the space problem, power, and cooling limitations of current facilities. Understand the risk of any data center relocation, probable them and a well planning for a future event are the best complements for a well planned service. There are many key factors for driving data center relocation:-
- Increase Performance Capabilities: - When growth in number of lot of devices, internal company growth, and in increase throughput, data center must keep with faster data speeds and translate it into more space with increased performance demands.
- Geographic Scale: - The main focus on data relocation is to locate data centers close to the client market, and for enterprise and many other security concerns also necessary for relocation.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: - Many of agencies relocate their data center in a hospitable environment that allows them to minimize the consumption impact.
When we plan data center relocation, the dedicated server installation checklist should help in relocation. There are some important aspects that need to be implemented:-
1 Organization Preparation:
- Project Manager: - Project manager plays an important role in data center relocation. There must be a dedicated person that will track all activities and monitor the all progress of project
- Roles & Duties: - A project can’t be completed without a team, so it is very important for every person involved in their specific role and in task and duties.
- Documenting Procedure: - There are several aspects for documentation for system.
- Communication:- Creating a list with contact information for everyone involved in communication during install.
2 Preparing Customers: For a successful planning, notify the internal and external customers, so they can prepare for change.
3 Network Preparations: In this redundancy allows you to shut down your network equipment, and move it in a new location, and pre configure it on server migration.
4 Equipment Preparations: Preparing the server for installation is the most complicated task, that will need to done. Some listed common items are;
- A list of Server
- TCP/IP Ports
- Routing Tables
- Data tables
- Spare Parts
- Power Distribution Units
- Functionality Testing
There are many great tips for Data Center and Server Relocation Planning and Execution:- It will be a down time for the execution of data center and Linux server relocation. A well plan is invaluable for a successful transition. But with this proper planning, it can run smoothly.
We have a few tips that can be beneficial when we plan to relocate the server and data center.
- Professional data center movers and server movers know the plans and able to adapt them in unique situation and circumstances
- Contact clients to relocate with a project downtime when they are frustrated for relocation.
- Plan your strategies in advanced
- Plan around the application managers
- Discuss concerns and create the plan
- Set current baselines
- Plan down to the hour