Education in Arizona
Arizona is a southwestern state within the United States and it is popularly known for the Grand Canyon. Arizona ranks 15th in the list of most populated states in the United States out of the total of 50 states. There are various colleges and universities in Arizona that provide the students with variety of courses and majors. The colleges and universities of Arizona are well known and provide good quality education to the students as well as a very healthy environment to live and pursue education. The colleges and universities of Arizona not only provide the traditional classroom education, but also online education, because of the increase in demand of online education and the flexibility it provides to the students. There are several colleges providing a number of online accredited courses and degrees to meet the requirements of the students. There are various ways to get you admitted in one of the accredited online degree programs. First the students must search for the colleges they want to enroll in, for example looking for best online colleges in Arizona can provide all the details about the colleges providing online education in the state of Arizona, making it easier to choose a college according the preferences of the students.
Why study in Arizona?
There are several reasons to study in the state of Arizona as it is one of the most popular places of pursuing education for even the students of other countries. There are several reasons to study in the state of Arizona and few of those are mentioned below:
- There is no doubt that the United States provides its students with lots of variety when it comes to the major courses which can be suitable for each and every type of students. The state provides numerous courses and majors, including typical courses to help and suit every student’s needs and requirements.
- The state of Arizona provides good quality education, knowledgeable teachers and faculty members who are always ready to help the students in need.
- The state of Arizona provides all the resources for the success and betterment of its students, as well as the facilities and environment required for education.
- The students of Arizona may find the atmosphere of Arizona friendly as the fellow students as well teachers are pretty friendly and always ready to help in case a student requires some assistance.
- The state of Arizona also provides loans, grants, and scholarships for the students as a means of encouraging the education and providing financial aid to the students who are in dire need of financial aid in order to pursue education.
- There are various job and career opportunities for a student in the state of Arizona.
- Studying in of the many accredited colleges and universities can help a student get World Wide recognition as accredited colleges are well known throughout the world, which may open doors to national as well as international job and career prospects.
- Arizona is a beautiful place to live in and pursue education.
- The cost of living is quite affordable as it is below the average cost of living within the United States, thus making it one of the top contenders to be chosen as a place to live and pursue education.
There are various other reasons why one should choose to study in the State of Arizona.
Online education in Arizona
The online education is different than the normal traditional way of education. The teaching methods also vary as the online education provides the students the flexibility to study and complete the education at their own pace, and there are many students who are not interested in the online education system, and then there are many other students who look forward to pursuing online education. The increasing number of colleges and universities providing online degrees and courses are the indication to the popularity of online education.
The colleges and universities of Arizona offer extensive online degree programs for various types of students. The state of Arizona has over 360,000 students enrolled in the online educational programs, which means that the state of Arizona has more than double the amount of students in any other states in terms of online or distance learners, which makes up to around 13% of the total population of online learners within the country. It is doing so well in terms of online education because of the strong and attractive online programs offered by various colleges and universities within the state.
Best online colleges and universities in the state of Arizona
There are various colleges and universities offering various courses and online degree programs to attract different types of students and few of those colleges and universities are mentioned below:
- University of Arizona
- Arizona State University
- Northern Arizona University
- College America Phoenix
- Ottawa University
There are many more colleges and universities that provide excellent online education in various different courses and majors to suit and fulfill the needs of every type of students.
What are the benefits of online education?
Online education can be understood as the result of online revolution. As everything is moving towards the cyber world, it is not much of a surprise that the online education is growing and the demand of online education is rapidly increasing. There are few benefits of online education over the traditional method of education which is listed below:
- You can enjoy the same educational curriculum that is offered in the traditional way of education sitting at home.
- Flexible classes, the students can learn at their own pace and not burden themselves with attending classes each and every day.
- The online students also receive the same degree that the on campus students receive.
- Classes can be scheduled as per your convenience.
- Students have the option to record and repeat the lectures and videos as many times as they feel like.
- Option to learn and explore new possibilities alongside people from various parts of the world.
There are many other benefits of online education for the students of the new age.
The Financial aid
The students in the state of Arizona or even the legal non-residents of the state who are willing to pursue education in the state of Arizona, but are not able to bear the financial expenses that comes with the higher education can enjoy the several financial provided by various organizations, institutions, schools, colleges, and universities in hopes of encouraging education as well as providing financial aid for the deserving students.
The financial aid provided to the students is in terms of loans, grants, and scholarships, although the scholarships can be termed as the most friendly way to provide financial aid, as loans and grants are the type of aid provided for a period of time which has to be returned after completion of specific terms and conditions, whereas the scholarship programs are a form of reward that are provided to the students meeting all the eligibility criteria. As a result the scholarship programs are more in demand. There are various organizations in the state of Arizona providing different types of scholarship programs to meet the requirements of each and every type of students. The various different scholarship programs awarded to students in the state of Arizona are as follows:
- Arizona Excellence Award: This is an excellence award for the out-of-state students looking to get admitted in the University of Arizona, the scholarship amount is $48,000 and to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program a student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 with 1300 SAT score.
- Baird Foundation Scholarship: This is a foundation that awards 10 fresher students per year and it is provided by the University of Arizona and students must be nominated by their high school. The candidates must be the residents of Arizona.
- Leadership Scholarship: This scholarship is for the residents and non-residents that are looking to enter the Arizona State University. The candidates must show leadership quality and have a cumulative GPA of 3.25+.
- President’s Scholarship: This scholarship is provided to the students of the Arizona state university based on the academic records and cumulative GPA of 3.25.
- President’s Scholarship: This scholarship is also an award based on the academic records and is a sub category of the New American Scholars Award program.
- University Scholarships: Another scholarship award that is the sub category of the New American Scholars Award program, and competitive based on the academic records.
- Wild Cat excellence Award: It is directed towards the residents of Arizona willing to enroll in the University of Arizona.
There are lots of other scholarship programs aimed not only to help the students who are strong in academics, but also to financially help the average students or the students having talent in any other filed or unusual fields.
The major degree programs offered by online colleges in Arizona
There are various degree programs offered by colleges and universities in the state of Arizona ranging from under-graduate to graduate degrees and few of those degree programs are mentioned below:
Associate’s degree: An Associate’s Degree is an undergraduate degree program that is awarded to the student when he/she has successfully completed the usual 2 years of study under a particular field or area of education.
Bachelor’s degree: A Bachelor’s Degree is also an undergraduate degree which is awarded after the completion of 4 years of study, this degree usually allows students to work in specific field or create a gateway to advanced studies.
Masters degree: It is a type of graduate degree which is earned after completion of an undergraduate degree usually a bachelor’s degree, it usually take 2 years to be completed.
Doctorate’s degree: It is the highest level of academic degrees that is usually earned after completion of the Master or bachelor degree. The doctorate degree is mostly research and knowledge based and may take 3-7 years to be completed based on the field of study.
These are few of the various types of certifications and degrees available in online education. The degrees provided to online students are the same as the degrees provided to the students who prefer traditional education, you can search for the specific degree program you are looking for to kick start your online education, for example top online sociology degrees will provide you the list of online degrees available in the field of sociology, thus providing you the chance to go through all the degree program and select the one that is suitable for you.
The state of Arizona is miles ahead of any other state within the country in terms of online education. The education is quite beneficial for the students who prefer to acquire education according to their availability of time and thus the various online programs offered by the state of Arizona works wonders for these types of students.